Mini Vegetable Frittatas
Hate veggie waste?
Then why not give these little beauties a try?
They're a cross between a muffin and a frittata, using up all the uneaten veggies leftover from my boy's dinners during the week. Perfect for snacks and lunchboxes, I also store them in the freezer so I have something at the ready on the days I need something quickly!
Makes approx 12 depending on how many cups of veggies you use.
- 3 c (approx) leftover veggies, chopped and diced if needed (I used a combination of peas, broccoli, mashed potato, and carrots)
- 1 can corn kernels, drained
- 1 c grated cheese
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/2 c flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 c milk, to combine
- Seasoning, to taste
- Heat oven to 180 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour mixture into greased muffin pans
- Bake for 20 mins until cooked through and golden
- Enjoy 😋
For a gluten-free option and more traditional-style frittata, simply remove the oats, flour and baking powder and replace with an additional 3 eggs.
✔️ good source of veggies for vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and fibre
✔️ good source of fibre from oats and veggies
✔️ good source of protein from eggs and dairy to help support growth and development
✔️ source of calcium from cheese and milk for building strong bones
✔️ good source of energy to help keep little bodies powering through the day